Irrigation is aborted, no LOG

Home > Forums > General > Irrigation is aborted, no LOG

Schlagwörter: 

Viewing 10 posts - 1 to 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Anonym
    Inactive

Hi all,

For some time I have had the problem that the sprinkling is sporadically interrupted.
    The valve is first opened, I also see a display in the interface. Then after a few minutes everything is over.

Nothing appears in the log either.

The error always occurs with the 6th or 7th valve. The order doesn't matter.

I'm just a little frustrated. Two days ago, 9 irrigations ran without problems. I only got 6 today.

System: OSPi on RaspberryPi 2B, 8 Hunter 24V AC valves. App version 2.2.0, firmware 2.1.9(3)

adminadmin
    Administrator

Hallo,

“Two days ago, 9 irrigations ran without problems. Today I only got 6."

Do you mean AT THE SAME TIME? Your power supply will hardly manage that.

Have you measured the resistance between COM and the zones?

And the tension while the irrigation is running?

You may have a short circuit or a solenoid valve is damaged and drawing too much power.

OpenSprinkler never aborts a running program by itself, I know the source code. However, if the Raspberry PI restarts due to power loss, or the OpenSprinklerservice on the Raspberry PI is terminated, only then is the program forced to stop. This would also explain that you don't have a log.

Anonym
    Inactive

No, the pi does not restart. The webpage is permanently online and reacts.

The broken cycle has always been different.

I only have two valves running in parallel, and they're always the first. Are also in the log.

I tried again today and didn't lose sight of the interface. I noticed that the time was about 10 minutes behind. At some point the time was updated, i.e. a jump of + 10 minutes, and then the program was gone and no log.

Then I made sure the time was right and ran another program. According to the web interface, the valve was fully drained, but it still did not appear in the log.

Anonym
    Inactive

I'll measure the voltage and resistance.

adminadmin
    Administrator

Please export the configuration and use the support function (https://www.opensprinklershop.de/support) to send

Anonym
    Inactive

valves off:
    Power supply: 26,4V
    Between power supply and COM 26,3V

A valve on:
    Power supply to COM 25,9V
    Valve to COM 25,7V

Resistance when valve open:
    between the valve and COM the number jumps around wildly -0,1 to 155, more often you see 40.
    between valve and power pack: jumps between 3 – 5,5 ohms.

This morning several programs were simply aborted again. I don't see a pattern.
    Program started with 3 valves. The first valve has run (10 minutes), is in the LOG. The other two (15 and 25 minutes) not.
    The missing valves are started manually, start up, eventually stop and do not appear in the LOG.
    Then another valve started manually, ran through, is in the LOG.
    Then another program with two valves (each 20 minutes) started. The first valve ran, the second ran, after a few minutes it stopped and no LOG. The missing valve started manually, goes out after a few minutes, no LOG.

Third program with two valves started in parallel. After a few minutes both go out, no LOG.

Anonym
    Inactive

The voltage at runtime is stable at 25,4-25,7V. No fluctuations shortly before program termination.

I just started the third program again, ran through it and is in the LOG.

adminadmin
    Administrator

So to me it sounds like another program is running on their OSPi run, which also accesses the IO ports. If you have experimented with various home automation or other control applications, please uninstall them now and try again.

adminadmin
    Administrator

That reminds me, other reasons for an irrigation termination can be:

– Rain or soil moisture sensor has been activated
    – Weather-dependent watering is activated and reduces the watering time

Anonym
    Inactive

Nothing else is installed except Opensprinkler.
    I also thought about the rain delay at first, and turned it off completely. Doesn't help either.

I'm going to do a full reinstall of the Pi with a new SD card soon, let's see if that gets better.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 to 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.