Irrigation only when humidity sensor switches

Home > Forums > General > Irrigation only when humidity sensor switches

Viewing 8 posts - 1 to 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Dirk HildebrandDirk Hildebrand
    Participants

Hallo,

I have one OSPi Bought it, plus a moisture meter and a rain sensor. I would like to make a program for my green roof that should work as follows:

When the humidity sensor opens (reports that it is dry), the "Carport roof" zone should be started for x time units.
    If it is raining and the carport is being watered, the watering should stop. If the rain wasn't enough and the sensor says dry again, then the watering should start again.

Is that feasible, or am I seeing it as too complex?

adminadmin
    Administrator

That simply means: Do not water if the moisture sensor says damp or the rain sensor says rain

A delay simply has to be entered for the moisture sensor, otherwise it will switch as soon as you water (>watering time). Everything stays at 0,0 for the rain sensor

Is therefore possible

Participants

Yes, concisely summed up, but how do I build this into a program? And if the moisture sensor says “wet”, the watering should also stop if you don’t put the sensor next to the trickle hose, right?

Participants

And another question. I got mine yesterday OSPi plugged into my Raspberry 3b+. A DIN rail power supply with 24vAC output to the OSPi Board plugged in and my Pi went on. Is that normal? I thought I need to supply the PI with extra power. In addition, there was no light on the AD converter. And yes, I am 100% sure that it is a power supply with AC on the secondary side https://www.amazon.de/gp/product/B00F4QFH4O/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

What else could I have done wrong?

Participants

I connected valves today, they switch well, but there is no activity to be seen on the A2D converter. I'm also not sure how I should turn these tiny little pots

adminadmin
    Administrator

You turn the little poties with a small Phillips screwdriver.

If it's wet but the LED is off, turn clockwise until the LED lights up.

If it's dry but the LED is on, turn to the left until the LED goes off.

The A2D is from OSpi powered, pin assignment is (left to right): GND, SN1, SN2, VIN (+5V)

Actually, you should install the soil moisture sensor where it depends on the moisture. It could well be under the drip hose. The only important thing is the time delay, so that it is not switched off with the first drop.

The OSPi supplies the Raspberry Pi with power via the 24VAC power supply. Only with the old 1.43 version and the RPi 3 or 4 was the power supply too low since version 1.5. but that's no longer a problem. Here you had to connect the RPi power supply additionally.

By the way, it doesn't work the other way around, so only the RPi power supply can't do it OSPi and supply the solenoid valves!

Participants

Hallo,

the potentiometers do not turn even with the smallest Phillips screwdriver (CRV 1.0). Could it be that these pots are defective?

Participants

Ok, with a slot bit it worked now, but a potentiometer has no stop. The LED lights up when I unplug the 5V line, sometimes the LED flickers even when I plug the 5V back in. If I pull off GND, the LED lights up and I can use the potentiometer to set the LED to go off. But I still don't see moisture. Is the moisture sensor defective or the AD converter?

Viewing 8 posts - 1 to 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.