Controlling a pump and using a float switch as a sensor

Home > Forums > General > Controlling a pump and using a float switch as a sensor

Viewing 2 posts - 1 to 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Anonym
    Inactive

Hallo,

I would like to implement the following use case and am still looking for the right hardware. I'm up Opensprinkler encountered.

Maybe you can let me know if that would work.

I have a water source with a 230V submersible pump.

I would like to serve two consumers/circuits from this source.

Circuit 1 is to receive water at various times of the day for a time to be determined. But only until a float switch (simple open/close switch) responds.

Circuit 2 should be able to be controlled manually using a switch and is independent of circuit 1.

I had imagined the whole thing with one OSPi Board. I would like to connect the float switch as sensor 1. Sensor 2 would then be a manual control switch.

I would like to control the pump as a master using a relay. (Can you tell me here what I use best? OSPi with 24VAC)

Essentially, the following switching processes are present:

Circuit 1: according to the schedule as long as the float switch is free; if the float switch hits valve 1 and master for the pump no longer open until the level drops again and then continue as normal in the schedule.

Circuit 2: Valve and master open as long as a switch is actuated. Regardless of circuit 1, master must also open when float switch is actuated. In the best case, the schedule for circuit 1 is ignored as long as the switch is pressed. Otherwise both valves might be open at the same time.

Programming knowledge is available and it should not be a problem to write code if necessary. I'm primarily concerned with the functions of the hardware.

Thank you.

gruß

wingy

adminadmin
    Administrator

Hallo,

yes, that works and you are lucky, because now with the OSPi Version 1.5 there are two sensor inputs - 1.44 and predecessors had only one.

You need a relay with the right output, I don't know the output of the submersible pump, so check whether the following relay fits:

Finder 22.32.0.024.4540 contactor 1 NO contact, 1 NC contact

Your float switch works like a rain sensor when it rains -> no watering. So if Sen1 and GND are connected, no activation of the submersible pump.

You can set for each circuit whether it should react to Sen1.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 to 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.