Trick No. 2: WLAN socket “Shelly” with OpenSprinkler switch

Home > Forums > General > Trick No. 2: WLAN socket “Shelly” with OpenSprinkler switch

Viewing 3 posts - 1 to 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    adminadmin
    Administrator

With OpenSprinkler you can easily switch devices that have an HTTP interface and can be reached via the WLAN.

Provided, of course, that the device can be controlled directly via HTTP commands. Pure "cloud" sockets do not work or would first have to be changed with a firmware update. See the TASMOTA project (https://tasmota.github.io/docs/)

However, this is not necessary for the Shelly sockets (e.g. Shelly Plug S), as these already have a web service and can therefore be switched on and off.

1. Connect the Shelly Plug to your WLAN as described in the Shelly instructions

2. If the device is now successfully in the WLAN, you need its IP address. Select the device in the Shelly APP and open the "Device Information". Here the IP address is behind “DEVICE IP”.

3. Open the OpenSprinkler APP. Select a free zone (with the gear on the right), then on “Advanced” and then select “Station Type”: “HTTP”:

Instead of "192.168.0.78" enter the IP address of your Shelly socket, which you read out in point 2 as "DEVICE IP".

Very important: The "On Command" and "Off Command" must be entered EXACTLY as shown, i.e. all lowercase! Note in the middle is the number zero.

For copy/paste:

relay/0?turn=on

relay/0?turn=off

On the “Basic” page you still have to deactivate the “Switch off” (“Disable”) and “Sequential” (Sequential).

Now you can use this zone like any other. If you connect a pump here, you can also configure it as the main watering zone, which is then automatically activated before each watering.

adminadmin
    Administrator

Now NEW in OpenSprinklershop : The OpenSource WiFi socket DeLOCK 11826 and 11827 (with additional energy monitoring)

Available here in the shop

Configuration and usage see this post.

IMPORTANT: When using for a pump, you should program a maximum run time for the outlet. Shelly and DeLOCK have corresponding functions for this.

Sigi MeisenbichlerSigi Meisenbichler
    Participants

This is a wonderful opportunity OpenSprinkler to be used in even more diverse ways.

However, I have a small question about this: what is the configuration if the Shelly has a “Restrict Login”?

According to the Shelly forum you have to put “user:password@” in front of the IP. Unfortunately I'm not able to do this.

I would be really grateful for help.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 to 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.