Beta test irrigation service

Home > Forums > General > Beta test irrigation service

Schlagwörter: ,

Viewing 15 posts - 1 to 15 (of 21 total)
  • Author
    Mathias StoeberMathias Stoeber
    Participants

Hi all,

First of all, thank you for trying to improve the weather service! I just tried to set it up as described in the blog post, but I just get a message that there was a "connection failed". I have a Raspi here with one OSPI Firmware 2.1.9(9).

However, if I type a “curl opensprinklershop.de:3333 "views I get"openSprinklerShop weather service germany v2.0.4” in response.

Have the OpenSprinkler restarted via website, as well as the whole Raspi.

Any idea what could be causing this?

VG Mathias

Participants

Hi,

Short update from me. Yesterday I switched everything back to the default so that the automatic irrigation works this morning. This morning I made another attempt, first with the same result as described above. But after about 6 hours or more, the error message was gone and the app only gave the message as described in the blog post and weather data was also displayed again. I will continue to do this now.

It might be good to have a hint in the blog that the first update can take several hours.

Thank you again!

See Mathias

adminadmin
    Administrator

Hallo,

this is probably due to the one used OpenSprinkler-Firmware, the older version has problems with DNS resolution right after reboot.

Either update the firmware or enter the ip (opensprinklershop.de = 130.180.44.149)

Participants

Hi,

Thank you for the hint. Since there is a ospi I have firmware 2.1.9(9), as far as I know there aren't any newer ones. I may have to configure the systemd service a little differently so that it waits until the network is really up.

Otherwise, the query is definitely more accurate than before!

Thanks a lot for this!

Mathias

Anonym
    Inactive

Hello,
    I also tried yesterday to enter the weather service with port 3333 as described in the blog post.
    But since yesterday there was an error and “Building Weather History”.

I saw earlier that there is another weather service with port 3336.
    Entered this and it worked immediately, “Weather service online”.

Latest firmware 2.1.9(9).

Regards
    Matthias

adminadmin
    Administrator

All servers here:

opensprinklershop.de:3333 : DWD Deutscher Wetterdienst, only for Germany (https://brightsky.dev)
    opensprinklershop.de:3334 : OWM OpenWeatherMap (https://openweathermap.org)
    opensprinklershop.de:3335 : DarkSky (https://darksky.net) <— Do not use, just test!
    opensprinklershop.de:3336 : OpenMeteo (https://open-meteo.com)

Anonym
    Inactive

Thanks for the listing.
    As I said, all of them work for me, except for the first with port 3333.
    It then looks like the attached photo.

adminadmin
    Administrator

Hallo,

Yes, thanks, found it, it's now repaired.

Port 3333 is also running now.

Participants

Hi,

Today is something strange. I use the dwd service, see above, but although not a drop of rain fell here today, he says ospi it does not need to be watered because more than 7mm of rain would have fallen. In the dwd app, there is no precipitation for today either. Possibly there was already a problem yesterday, because in the heaviest rain he drove the sprinkler with 120%.

I use eto as a method, has worked beautifully since the posts above. Almost looks like the dates are off by a day.

Thanks in advance!

See Mathias

Anonym
    Inactive

Hi,

Now that you mention it…
    Exactly the same for me, also DWD, i.e. via port 3333.
    It rained all day yesterday, with 90% irrigation.

It also didn't rain a drop here today, irrigation level 0% and “Rain said: 7,9mm”.

Something isn't right there, my assumption would then also be that the data is delayed by one day.

Thank you and best regards
    Matthias

Participants

hehe,

Do we not only have almost the same name but also the same location? It's 7,9 for me too. Do you happen to have the weather station for the Braunschweig region?

See Mathias

Anonym
    Inactive

Hi,

no, not quite. My system is in the district of Bamberg. But quite interesting that they seem to be the same values.

Greetings, Matthew

Anonym
    Inactive

Hi to all testers and the admin,

I also wanted to take part in the test, but so far without success. I had to get behind mine OSPI Set IP address:8080/su to make the input

I've tried all the addresses of the new weather services, with each one I get an error message (see attachment) under System Daignose. It is also independent of whether Iopensprinklershop.de” or the IP mentioned above. After a reboot and repeated query with http://<ip-OpenSprinkler&gt;:8080/su but the changed entry appears, e.g Opensprinklershop.de:3333. The error under system diagnostics remains.

Do I have to change entries or configurations elsewhere? Could it be because I currently have Manual watering selected and not Zimmermann, for example? I operate OSPI for three years and currently on the current firmware 2.1.9 (9).

Thanks for the support and best regards, HG

Participants

I think that's normal, went away after a few hours.

See Mathias

Anonym
    Inactive

That's right, it takes a while, but it's working now.

report after a few hours

Viewing 15 posts - 1 to 15 (of 21 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.