FlowSensor 3-wire is not recognized

Home > Forums > General > FlowSensor 3-wire is not recognized

Schlagwörter: , ,

Viewing 5 posts - 1 to 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    KaneKane
    Participants

Hi all,

i have mine for my OSPI (Firmware 2.1.9) bought a flow meter. I tested this on an Arduino, it delivers digital 0/1 i.e. pulses per liter (according to the data sheet 1 pulse/liter).

I also connected it correctly, Vin (+5V), Sensor1 the data wire and GND of course. Since it worked with an Arduino and the exact wiring, I assume it's correct that way.

Unfortunately, nothing is counted when watering, the correct sensor1 is selected as the sensor type, the option “Ignore sensor1” is also off, so it should count.

I have this sensor: https://www.amazon.de/gp/product/B089KJFVLV

Can someone help ? What's wrong? Alternatively - does anyone have another sensor for 1″ (32mm)?

Regards,
    Kai

adminadmin
    Administrator

It would be more interesting to know what you have set in the sensors settings

KaneKane
    Participants

Hallo,

Sensor type 1 “flow rate” and 1 liter/pulse is set

Sensor 2 is set to “none”.

Greetings Kai Neuhaus

adminadmin
    Administrator

Hallo,

The data sheet says "Output power DC 4,7 V", which probably means that it switches the signal cable to PLUS.

Unfortunately, this does not work, the pulse counters must connect GND to the sensor input.

So there is always an impulse when GND+SENSOR is connected

KaneKane
    Participants

Hallo,

Yes, that's true. That's the expected behavior with 2-wire sensors (sensor + Gnd), with 3-wire sensors only an additional + on VIN, at least that's how I understood it. I was able to read at least 1 and 0 at a digital in port with the Arduino. Hence my surprise.
    But well, alternatively I can buy another sensor, I just can't find a halfway affordable 2-wire sensor for 1″ anywhere.
    I'm open to recommendations.

Thanks for the support.
    Regards,
    Kai

Viewing 5 posts - 1 to 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.